METHODS AND MATERIALS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Brachytherapy
American Cancer Society. Key statistics for endometrial cancer. www.cancer.org/cancer/endometrial-cancer/about/key-statistics.html (Accessed date: 9/1/2022).
- Vaginal length and incidence of dyspareunia after total abdominal versus vaginal hysterectomy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010; 151: 190-192https://doi.org/10.1016/J.EJOGRB.2010.03.031
- Measurement of vaginal length: reliability of the vaginal sound–a Gynecologic oncology group study.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006; 16: 1749-1755https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1525-1438.2006.00711.X
- Assessing women's sexuality after cancer therapy: checking assumptions with the focus group technique.Cancer Nurs. 1999; 22: 438-447https://doi.org/10.1097/00002820-199912000-00007
- Vaginal stenosis following irradiation therapy for carcinoma of the cervix uteri.Cancer. 1972; 30: 426-429
- Excellent long-term survival and absence of vaginal recurrences in 332 patients with low-risk stage I endometrial adenocarcinoma treated with hysterectomy and vaginal brachytherapy without formal staging lymph node sampling: report of a prospective trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1997; 38: 373-380https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(97)00040-0
- Literature review of vaginal stenosis and dilator use in radiation oncology.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2019; 9: 479-491https://doi.org/10.1016/J.PRRO.2019.07.001
- Female erectile tissues and sexual dysfunction after pelvic radiotherapy: a scoping review.CA Cancer J Clin. 2022; 72 (Published online): 353-359https://doi.org/10.3322/CAAC.21726
- Pelvic radiation therapy induced vaginal stenosis: a review of current modalities and recent treatment advances.Medicina (Kaunas). 2021; 57https://doi.org/10.3390/MEDICINA57040336
- Topical estrogen, testosterone, and vaginal dilator in the prevention of vaginal stenosis after radiotherapy in women with cervical cancer: a randomized clinical trial.BMC Cancer. 2021; 21: 682https://doi.org/10.1186/S12885-021-08274-W
- The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function.J Sex Marital Ther. 2000; 26: 191-205https://doi.org/10.1080/009262300278597
- Psychometric validation of the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) in cancer survivors.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4606-4618https://doi.org/10.1002/CNCR.26739
- Structural and functional alteration of blood vessels caused by cigarette smoking: an overview of molecular mechanisms.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2007; 5: 276-292https://doi.org/10.2174/157016107782023406
- Bladder and bowel symptoms in cervical and endometrial cancer survivors.Psychooncology. 2014; 23: 672-678https://doi.org/10.1002/PON.3461
- Cigarette smoking during external beam radiation therapy for prostate cancer is associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer-specific mortality and treatment-related toxicity.BJU Int. 2015; 116: 596-603https://doi.org/10.1111/BJU.12969
- Cigarette smoking decreases the genital vascularization in young healthy, eumenorrheic women.J Sex Med. 2011; 8: 1717-1725https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1743-6109.2011.02257.X
- Dose-response relationship between cigarette smoking and female sexual dysfunction.Obstet Gynecol Sci. 2015; 58: 302https://doi.org/10.5468/OGS.2015.58.4.302
- Patient-rating of distressful symptoms after treatment for early cervical cancer.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2002; 81: 443https://doi.org/10.1034/J.1600-0412.2002.810512.X
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Disclosures: The authors declare that they have no known competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.
Services and products in support of the research project were generated by the VCU Massey Cancer Center Shared Resource, supported, in part, with funding from NIHNCI Cancer Center Support Grant P30 CA016059