METHODS AND MATERIALS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in the utilization of brachytherapy in cervical cancer in the United States.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 87: 111-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.05.033
- Better late than never: Brachytherapy is more important than timing in treatment of locally advanced cervical cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2022; 164: 348-356https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2021.11.015
- National cancer data Base analysis of radiation therapy consolidation modality for cervical cancer: the impact of new technological advancements.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 90: 1083-1090https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2014.07.017
- Resident experience in brachytherapy: an analysis of accreditation council for graduate medical education case logs for intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy from 2007 to 2018.Brachytherapy. 2020; 19: 718-724https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2019.10.006
- Brachytherapy training survey of radiation oncology residents.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 103: 557-560https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.10.023
- Simulation in healthcare education: a best evidence practical guide. AMEE Guide No. 82.Med Teach. 2013; 35: e1511-e1530https://doi.org/10.3109/0142159X.2013.818632
- Proficiency-based virtual reality training significantly reduces the error rate for residents during their first 10 laparoscopic cholecystectomies.Am J Surg. 2007; 193: 797-804https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2006.06.050
- Effectiveness of a 30-min CPR self-instruction program for lay responders: a controlled randomized study.Resuscitation. 2005; 67: 31-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2005.04.017
- Simulation-based surgical education in cardiothoracic training.ANZ J Surg. 2020; 90: 978-983https://doi.org/10.1111/ans.15593
- Successful implementation of the american college of surgeons/association of program directors in surgery surgical skills curriculum via a 4-week consecutive simulation rotation.Simul Healthc. 2012; 7 (0.1097/SIH.0b013e31824120c6): 147-154
- A guide to curriculum inquiry for brachytherapy simulation-based medical education.Brachytherapy. 2020; 19: 749-757https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.08.001
- Feasibility of deploying a U.S. simulation-based gynecological brachytherapy educational workshop to an international setting.Brachytherapy. 2020; 19: 777-782https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.09.015
- A new development in ultrasound-compatible gynecologic brachytherapy simulators.Brachytherapy. 2020; 19: 783-786https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.09.011
Williams VM, Mansoori B, Young L, et al. Simulation-based learning for enhanced gynecologic brachytherapy training among radiation oncology residents. Brachytherapy. 202; 20:128-135. doi:10.1016/j.brachy.2020.08.022
- Development of a gynecologic brachytherapy curriculum and simulation modules to improve radiation oncology trainees' skills and confidence.Brachytherapy. 2020; 19: 732-737https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2020.09.016
- Virtual reality-based simulation improves gynecologic brachytherapy proficiency, engagement, and trainee self-confidence.Brachytherapy. 2021; 20: 695-700https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2021.03.003
- MRI-guided adaptive brachytherapy in locally advanced cervical cancer (EMBRACE-I): a multicentre prospective cohort study.Lancet Oncol. 2021; 22: 538-547https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(20)30753-1
- Gynecologic interstitial brachytherapy curriculum using a low-cost phantom with ultrasound workshop and a treatment planning workshop is effective.Brachytherapy. 2022; 21: 110-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2021.09.002
- Development of a multi-institutional simulation-based gynecologic brachytherapy curriculum.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 104: 1175-1176https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2019.05.023
- A training phantom for ultrasound-guided needle insertion and suturing.Brachytherapy. 2014; 13: 413-419https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2014.01.003
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Disclosures: VIOMERSE provided Yale Therapeutic Radiology with access to the prototype phantom for evaluation (no financial compensation).
Christopher Tien: Varian Medical Systems - Received speaker honorarium for webinar on single-institution experience with a brachytherapy applicator; American Association of Physicists in Medicine – Board of Directors (unpaid), National Brachytherapy Subcommittee (unpaid)
Gabrielle Peters: Society of Women in Radiation Oncology – Senior Advisory Committee.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.