Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomized trial. PORTEC study group. Post operative radiation therapy in endometrial carcinoma.Lancet. 2000; 355: 1404-1411
- Vaginal brachytherapy versus pelvic external beam radiotherapy for patients with endometrial cancer of high-intermediate risk (PORTEC-2): an open-label, non-inferiority, randomized trial.Lancet. 2010; 375: 816-823
- American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for adjuvant vaginal cuff brachytherapy after hysterectomy.Brachytherapy. 2012; 11: 58-67
- Adjuvant brachytherapy for endometrial cancer: advantages of the vaginal mold technique.Brachytherapy. 2015; 14: 51-55
- A unique approach to high-dose-rate vaginal mold brachytherapy of gynecologic malignancies.Brachytherapy. 2015; 14: 267-272
- Dosimetric advantages of using multichannel balloons compared to single-channel cylinders for high-dose-rate vaginal cuff brachytherapy.Brachytherapy. 2016; 15: 471-476
- Outcomes of intermediate-risk to high-risk stage I endometrial cancer: 10-year clinical experiences of using in-house multi-channel applicators in a single center.Chin Med J. 2019; 132: 1935-1941
- Comparing multichannel cylinder and 3D-printed applicators for vaginal cuff brachytherapy with preliminary exploration of post-hysterectomy vaginal morphology.J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2021; 13: 641-648
- A novel intracavitary applicator design for the treatment of deep vaginal fornices: preliminary dose metrics and geometric analysis.J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2015; 7: 48-54
Baer L, Wernicke AG, Formenti S. Early-stage Endometrial Cancer. In: Oliva E, Muggia F eds. Uterine cancer. Current clinical oncology. Human Press; 2009. Springer Dordrecht Heidelberg London New York.
- Optimisation techniques in vaginal cuff brachytherapy.Br J Radiol. 2009; 82: 881-e239
- Vaginal cuff brachytherapy in endometrial cancer.Turk J Oncol. 2019; 34: 71-83
- The dosimetric impact of air in vaginal vault brachytherapy.Brachytherapy. 2016; 15: 832-838
- Do air gaps with image-guided vaginal cuff brachytherapy impact failure rates in patients with high-intermediate risk FIGO Stage I endometrial cancer?.Brachytherapy. 2021; 20: 512-518
- MRI-based evaluation of the vaginal cuff in brachytherapy planning: are we missing the target?.Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 95: 743-750
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology for Uterine Neoplasms V.1.2022. 2021. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/uterine.pdf. Accessed June 26, 2022.
- Influence of robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy on vaginal cuff healing and brachytherapy initiation in endometrial carcinoma patients.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016; 6: 226-232
- Recurrence and survival after random assignment to laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 Study.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 695-700
- Vaginal Cuff Closure in Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy: A Review of Training, Techniques, and Materials.Cureus. 2017; 9: e1766https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.1766
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Disclosures: The authors report no proprietary or commercial interest in any product mentioned or concept discussed in this article.
Research data: Patient level data not allowed to be shared per IRB.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.