METHODS AND MATERIALS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global Cancer Statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 209-249https://doi.org/10.3322/CAAC.21660
- Comparison of efficacy and safety of low-dose-rate vs. high-dose-rate intraluminal brachytherapy boost in patients with superficial esophageal cancer.Brachytherapy. 2012; 11: 130-136https://doi.org/10.1016/J.BRACHY.2011.05.008
- Current status of brachytherapy in cancer treatment – short overview.J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2017; 9: 581https://doi.org/10.5114/JCB.2017.72607
- Intraluminal brachytherapy in oesophageal cancer: defining its role and introducing the technique.J Contemp Brachytherapy. 2014; 6: 236https://doi.org/10.5114/JCB.2014.43780
- Optimum fractionation for high-dose-rate endoesophageal brachytherapy following external irradiation of early stage esophageal cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol. 1999; 43: 525-530https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(98)00433-7
- Clinical results of radiation therapy for stage I esophageal cancer: a single institutional experience.Am J Clin Oncol Cancer Clin Trials. 2005; 28: 75-80https://doi.org/10.1097/01.COC.0000139021.91718.EE
- Treatment results of chemoradiotherapy for clinical stage I (T1N0M0) esophageal carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2006; 64: 1106-1111https://doi.org/10.1016/J.IJROBP.2005.10.015
- Intracavitary brachytherapy combined with external-beam irradiation for squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus.Int J Radiat Oncol. 1992; 24: 235-240https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(92)90677-A
- High-dose-rate intraluminal brachytherapy for esophageal cancer: 10 years experience in Hyogo College of Medicine.Radiother Oncol. 1991; 21: 107-114https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8140(91)90082-R
- Radiation therapy alone for stage I (UICC T1N0M0) squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus: indications for surgery or combined chemoradiotherapy.J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006; 21: 1290-1296https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1440-1746.2006.04089.X
- Clinical outcomes and prognostic factors for patients with early esophageal squamous cell carcinoma treated with definitive radiation therapy alone.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005; 39: 495-500https://doi.org/10.1097/01.MCG.0000165662.49036.2E
- Retrospective analysis of definitive radiotherapy for patients with superficial esophageal carcinoma: consideration of the optimal treatment method with a focus on late morbidity.Radiother Oncol. 2010; 95: 234-239https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RADONC.2010.01.005
- Early-stage esophageal squamous cell carcinoma treated with californium-252 neutron brachytherapy.Clinical Report on 16 Cases. 2018; 99: 172-175https://doi.org/10.1177/030089161309900209
- Comparison between chemoradiation protocol intended for organ preservation and conventional surgery for clinical T1-T2 esophageal carcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol. 1999; 45: 277-284https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(99)00171-6
- Long-term results of definitive radiotherapy for stage I esophageal cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2005; 62: 1339-1344https://doi.org/10.1016/J.IJROBP.2004.12.042
Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2015 - SEER Statistics. Accessed on April 23, 2022. Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/archive/csr/1975_2015.
- A comparison of surgery and radiation therapy for CT1 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.Dis Esophagus. 2011; 24: 411-417https://doi.org/10.1111/J.1442-2050.2010.01163.X
- Epidemiologic differences in esophageal cancer between Asian and Western populations.Chin J Cancer. 2012; 31: 281https://doi.org/10.5732/CJC.011.10390
- Radiotherapy alone or concurrent chemoradiation for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in elderly patients.J Cancer. 2017; 8: 3242https://doi.org/10.7150/JCA.20835
- Perioperative chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and docetaxel versus fluorouracil or capecitabine plus cisplatin and epirubicin for locally advanced, resectable gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (FLOT4): a randomized, phase II/III trial.Lancet. 2019; 393: 1948-1957https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(18)32557-1
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Disclosures: All authors have completed the ICMJE uniform disclosure form. The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.