Methods and materials
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Physics-aspects of dose accuracy in high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy: Source dosimetry, treatment planning, equipment performance and in vivo verification techniques.J Contemp Brachyther. 2012; 4: 81-91
- ArcCHECK user's guide.Sun Nuclear Corporation, FL2010
- ArcCHECK reference guide.Sun Nuclear Corporation, FL2013
- Nuclear data sheets for A = 192.Nuclear Data Sheets. 2012; 113: 1871-2111
- Prevention of high-dose-rate brachytherapy accidents. ICRP publication 97.Ann ICRP. 2005; 35: 23-24
- Ep-1527: A phantom for brachytherapy treatment planning systems verification with the arccheck® device.Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2016; 119: 707
- Validating the potential-usefulness of the ArcCHECK detector to verify planned brachytherapy treatment.Acta Physica Polonica B, Proceedings Supplement. 2020; 13: 795-800
- Why the Monte Carlo method is so important today.WIREs Comput Stat. 2014; 6: 386-392
- Applications of Monte Carlo methods to statistical physics.Rep Prog Phys. 1997; 60: 487-559
- On the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox.Physics (College Park Md). 1964; 1: 195-200
- An experimental test of nonlocal realism.Nature. 2007; 446: 871-875
- Report of the Task Group 186 on model-based dose calculation methods in brachytherapy beyond the TG-43 formalism: Current status and recommendations for clinical implementation.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 6208-6236
- Impact of different Ir-192 source models on dose calculations in high-dose-rate brachytherapy.Phys Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2018; 7: 23-26
- Dosimetric comparison between the microSelectron HDR (192)Ir v2 source and the BEBIG (60)Co source for HDR brachytherapy using the EGSnrc Monte Carlo transport code.J Med Phys. 2012; 37: 219-225
- The egsnrc code system, Monte Carlo simulation of electron and photon transport.NRCC Report PIRS-701. 2001;
- User manual for egs_brachy: A versatile and Fast EGSnrc Application For Brachytherapy - Report CLRP-17-02.Carleton Laboratory for Radiotherapy Physics, Department of Physics; Carleton University, Ottawa, OntarioCanada2017 (K1S 5B6)
- egs_brachy: A versatile and fast Monte Carlo code for brachytherapy.Phys Med Biol. 2016; 61: 8214-8231
- MS. Dosimetric characterization of a high dose rate 192i source for brachytherapy application using Monte Carlo simulation and benchmarking with thermoluminescent dosimetry.Int J Rad Res. 2014; 12: 265-270
- On the biological basis for competing macroscopic dose descriptors for kilovoltage dosimetry: Cellular dosimetry for brachytherapy and diagnostic radiology.Phys Med Biol. 2013; 58: 1123-1150
- Energy dependence of commercially available diode detectors for in-vivo dosimetry.Med. Phys. 2007; 34: 1704-1711
Received 29 July 2021; received in revised form 4 March 2022; accepted 24 March 2022.
Disclosures: The authors declare no conflict of interest. The authors report no proprietary or commercial interest in any product mentioned or concept discussed in this article.