Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Brachytherapy
- Managing nasopharyngeal carcinoma with intracavitary brachytherapy: one institution's 45-year experience.Brachytherapy. 2002; 1: 74-82https://doi.org/10.1016/s1538-4721(02)00013-2
- A new applicator design for endocavitary brachytherapy of cancer in the nasopharynx.Radiother Oncol. 1997; 45 (PMID: 9364638): 95-98https://doi.org/10.1016/s0167-8140(97)00105-9
- High dose rate brachytherapy for cancer of the head and neck.in: Nag S High dose rate brachytherapy: a textbook. Futura Publishing Co., Armonk, NY1994: 237-273
- A novel applicator design for intracavitary brachytherapy of the nasopharynx: simulated reconstruction, image-guided adaptive brachytherapy planning, and dosimetry.Brachytherapy. 2018; 17 (Epub 2018 May 11. PMID: 29759328): 709-717https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brachy.2018.03.004
- Analysis of 80 cases of nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated by intracavitary brachytherapy using a new-type applicator.Chin J Clin Oncol. 2007; 4: 52-55https://doi.org/10.1007/s11805-007-0052-5
- TOPAS: an innovative proton Monte Carlo platform for research and clinical applications.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 6818https://doi.org/10.1118/1.4758060
Faddegon B, Ramos-Mendez J, Schuemann J, McNamara A, Shin J, Perl J, Paganetti H, The TOPAS Tool for Particle Simulation, a Monte Carlo Simulation Tool for Physics, Biology and Clinical Research, Physica Medica, doi:10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.03.019.
- Variations in proton scanned beam dose delivery due to uncertainties in magnetic beam steering.Med Phys. 2009; 36: 3693-3702https://doi.org/10.1118/1.3175796
- Accurate Monte Carlo simulations for nozzle design, commissioning and quality assurance for a proton radiation therapy facility.Med Phys. 2004; 31: 2107-2118https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1762792
- Plastic scintillation dosimetry: optimal selection of scintillating fibers and scintillators.Med Phys. 2005; 32: 2271-2278https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1943807
- Dosimetric characterization of a novel intracavitary mold applicator for 192Ir high dose rate endorectal brachytherapy treatment.Med Phys. 2006; 33: 4515-4526https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2364054
Francisco Berumen, Yunzhi Ma, Jose Ramos-Mendez, Joseph Perl, Luc Beaulieu. “Validation of the TOPAS Monte Carlo toolkit for HDR brachytherapy simulations.” Brachytherapy (in press). doi:10.1016/j.brachy.2020.12.007.
- Gamma ray attenuation properties of common shielding materials.PG Research Foundation, 2018 (Available at: https://www.eichrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/gamma-ray-attenuation-white-paper-by-d.m.-rev-4.pdf, last accessed on June 30, 2021)
- Comparative study of the effect of impurities on the ductility of tantalum and tungsten based on atomistic and first principles calculations.The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC2012
- PubChem Compound Summary for CID 23956.Tantalum. 2021; (Available at:) (Accessed February 16, 2021)
- Mitigating the Effects of the Space Radiation Environment: a novel approach of using graded-Z materials.in: AIAA SPACE 2013 conference and exposition. 2013https://doi.org/10.2514/6.2013-5385
- Ir-192 Hdr sources.in: 2019 (, last accessed on June 30, 2021)
Gafchromic. 2019. “Gafchromic dosimetry media, type Ebt-3.” Available at: http://www.gafchromic.com/documents/EBT3_Specifications.pdf, last accessed on June 30, 2021.
AbuAlRoos N.J., Azman M.N., Amin N.A.B., Zainon R., Tungsten-based material as promising new lead-free gamma radiation shielding material in nuclear medicine, Physical Medica, doi:10.1016/j.ejmp.2020.08.017.
Disclosure: This work was partially funded from a scholarship by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) Summer Undergraduate Fellowship Program. One author reports grants from National Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC) Grant Numbers: IRCPJ 491776-15 and RGPIN-2019-05038, during the conduct of the study.
✰Research data are stored in an institutional repository and will be shared upon request to the corresponding author.