Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of borderline resectable pancreatic cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2018; 100: 1155-1174
- Meta-analysis of radical resection rates and margin assessment in pancreatic cancer.Br J Surg. 2015; 102: 1459-1472
- Influence of resection margins on survival for patients with pancreatic cancer treated by adjuvant chemoradiation and/or chemotherapy in the ESPAC-1 randomized controlled trial.Ann Surg. 2001; 234: 758-768
- Classification of R1 resections for pancreatic cancer: the prognostic relevance of tumour involvement within 1 mm of a resection margin.Histopathology. 2009; 55: 277-283
- Most pancreatic cancer resections are R1 resections.Ann Surg Oncol. 2008; 15: 1651-1660
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy for cancer of the head of the pancreas. 201 patients.Ann Surg. 1995; 221: 721-733
- Prognostic factors for survival after extended pancreatectomy for pancreatic head cancer.. 2009; 38: 8
- Resection margins in carcinoma of the head of the pancreas. Implications for radiation therapy.Ann Surg. 1993; 217: 144-148
- The impact of positive resection margins on survival and recurrence following resection and adjuvant chemotherapy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.Ann Surg. 2019; 269: 520-529
- Changing paradigm in pancreatic cancer: from adjuvant to neoadjuvant chemoradiation.J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016; 7: 1004-1010
- Impact of resection margin distance on survival of pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Cancer Res Treat. 2017; 49: 824-833
- Resectable adenocarcinomas in the pancreatic head: the retroperitoneal resection margin is an independent prognostic factor.BMC Cancer. 2008; 8: 5
- Microscopic margins and patterns of treatment failure in resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 753
- Neoadjuvant radiotherapeutic strategies in pancreatic cancer.World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016; 8: 186
- Response of borderline resectable pancreatic cancer to neoadjuvant therapy is not reflected by radiographic indicators.Cancer. 2012; 118: 5749-5756
- Radiological and surgical implications of neoadjuvant treatment with FOLFIRINOX for locally advanced and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer.Ann Surg. 2015; 261: 12-17
- Radiation dose–volume effects in the stomach and small bowel.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S101-S107
- Focal radiation therapy dose escalation improves overall survival in locally advanced pancreatic cancer patients receiving induction chemotherapy and consolidative chemoradiation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016; 94: 755-765
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) in pancreatic cancer.Radiat Oncol. 2017; 12: 8
- The role of intraoperative radiation therapy in patients with pancreatic cancer.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2014; 24: 126-131
- Studies of intraoperative radiotherapy in carcinoma of the pancreas.Ann Oncol. 1999; 10: 226-230
- Intraoperative implantation of a mesh of directional palladium sources (CivaSheet): dosimetry verification, clinical commissioning, dose specification, and preliminary experience.Brachytherapy. 2017; 16: 1257-1264
- A directional 103Pd brachytherapy device: dosimetric characterization and practical aspects for clinical use.Brachytherapy. 2017; 16: 421-432
- Induction gemcitabine-based chemotherapy and neoadjuvant stereotactic body radiation therapy achieve high margin-negative resection rates for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer.J Radiat Oncol. 2012; 1: 273-281
- UK consensus on normal tissue dose constraints for stereotactic radiotherapy.Clin Oncol. 2018; 30: 5-14
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma radiology reporting template: consensus statement of the society of abdominal radiology and the American pancreatic association.Radiology. 2014; 270: 248-260
- DPC4 gene status of the primary carcinoma correlates with patterns of failure in patients with pancreatic cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 1806-1813
- Phase II trial of cetuximab, gemcitabine, and Oxaliplatin followed by chemoradiation with cetuximab for locally advanced (T4) pancreatic adenocarcinoma: correlation of smad4(dpc4) immunostaining with pattern of disease progression.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 3037-3043
- A phase I/II trial of intensity-modulated radiation (IMRT) dose escalation with concurrent fixed- dose rate gemcitabine (FDR-G) in patients with unresectable pancreatic cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 84: 1166-1171
- Dose escalation of radiation therapy with or without induction chemotherapy for unresectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer.Radiat Oncol Lond Engl. 2018; 13
- Dose escalation in stereotactic body radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer: a meta-analysis.Am J Clin Oncol. 2019; 42: 46-55
- Intraoperative radiation therapy adjuvant to resection in the treatment of pancreatic cancer.Cancer. 1994; 73: 2930-2935
- Improved survival and local control after intraoperative radiation therapy and postoperative radiotherapy: a multivariate analysis of 46 patients undergoing surgery for pancreatic head cancer.Arch Surg. 2001; 136: 343-347
- Effect on local control and survival of electron beam intraoperative irradiation for resectable pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 651-658
- Does intraoperative radiation therapy improve local tumor control in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma? A propensity score analysis.Ann Surg Oncol. 2009; 16: 2116-2122
- Chemoradiation for resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma with or without intraoperative radiation therapy boost: long-term outcomes.Pancreatology. 2013; 13: 576-582
- Intraoperative radiotherapy in the era of intensive neoadjuvant chemotherapy and chemoradiotherapy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma.Am J Clin Oncol. 2018; 41: 607-612
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
The study was approved by the institutional review board of Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU).
(No. HM20010844) and written informed consent was obtained from all patients.
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.