Methods and Materials
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
National Cancer institute / Brasil. Estimative 2010: Incidence of cancer in Brasil. Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Available at: http://www1.inca.gov.br/estimativa/2010/index.asp?link=conteudo_view.asp&ID=5. Accessed August 04, 2010.
- Role of external beam radiotherapy with low-dose-rate brachytherapy in treatment of prostate cancer.Urology. 2006; 67: 1007-1011
- 12-Year outcomes following permanent prostate brachytherapy in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer.J Urol. 2005; 173: 1562-1566
- Prostate brachytherapy in Europe: Growth, practice and guidelines.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 83: 1-2
- 192Ir or 125I prostate brachytherapy as a boost to external beam radiotherapy in locally advanced prostate cancer: A dosimetric point of view.Radiother Oncol. 2006; 78: 47-52
- The role of external beam radiotherapy with I-125/Pd-103 brachytherapy for prostate carcinoma.Radiother Oncol. 2000; 57: 273-278
- Impact of supplemental external beam radiotherapy on biochemical outcome after permanent prostate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 61: 32-43
- Biochemical outcome after radical prostatectomy, external beam radiation therapy or interstitial radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer.JAMA. 1998; 280: 969-974
- Localized prostate cancer: Can we better define who is at risk of unfavourable outcome?.BJU Int. 2008; 101: 5-10
- The urologist’s guide to low dose-rate interstitial brachytherapy with permanent seed implants for localized prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2006; 99: 497-501
- Combined permanent implant and external-beam radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2008; 18: 23-34
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) recommedations for transperineal permanent brachytherapy of prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999; 44: 789-799
- 15-year biochemical free survival in clinical stage T1–T3 prostate cancer following combined external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy: Seattle Experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 57-64
- Permanent prostate seed implant brachytherapy: Report of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine Task Group No 64.Med Phys. 1999; 26: 2054-2076
- Tumour and target volumes in permanent prostate brachytherapy: A supplement to the ESTRO/EAU/EORTC recommendations on prostate brachytherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 83: 3-10
- Initial analysis of Pro-Qura: A multi-institutional database of prostate brachytherapy dosimetry.Brachytherapy. 2007; 6: 9-15
- Defining biochemical failure following radiotherapy with or without hormonal therapy in men with clinically localized prostate cancer: Recommendations of the RTOG-ASTRO Phoenix consensus conference.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 64: 965-974
- Multicenter analysis of effect of high biologic effective dose on biochemical failure and survival outcomes in patients with Gleason score 7-10 prostate cancer treated with permanent prostate brachytherapy.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 73: 341-346
- External radiotherapy and permanent prostate brachytherapy in patients with localized prostate cancer.Brachytherapy. 2002; 1: 36-41
- The seven-years preliminary results of brachytherapy with iodine-125 seeds for localized prostate cancer treated at a Brazilian single-center.Int Braz J Urol. 2007; 33: 752-763
- Biochemical prostate-specific antigen relapse-free survival and toxicity after 125I low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy.BJU Int. 2006; 98: 1210-1215
- 10-year disease-free survival rates after simultaneous irradiation for prostate cancer with a focus on calculation methodology.J Urol. 2004; 172: 2232-2238
- Temporal effect of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy on PSA kinetics following permanent prostate brachytherapy with or without supplemental external beam radiation.Brachytherapy. 2004; 3: 141-146
- Ten-year biochemical relapse-free survival after external beam radiation and brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer: The Seattle experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2003; 57: 944-952
- Multi-institutional analysis of long-term outcome for stages T1–T2 prostate cancer treated with permanent seed implantation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 67: 327-333
- PSA nadir predicts biochemical and distant failures after external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer: A multi-institutional analysis.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006; 64: 1140-1150
- Prostate cancer radiotherapy dose response: An update of the fox chase experience.J Urol. 2004; 171: 1132-1136
This work was performed by Brazilian Institute of Oncology (IBO)—Radioterapia Botafogo, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro(PUCRJ), and Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital of Rio de Janeiro Federal University. IBO was the sponsor for the expenses involved in the edition of this article.